Why Apply For a Trademark?
Proper use of a trademark can help prevent others riding off your good name. But why register a trademark?
- Your registered trademark allows you to use "®" to notify others that you are asserting trademark rights.
- Your registered trademark can be used as proof to show that you own the trademark.
- A registered trademark can be used to demonstrate to others that your trademark has been examined and meets all requirements.
- Later filed trademark applications that are confusingly similar to yours should be rejected during the examination process.
- Trademark registrations can be used in takedown procedures at various online stores such as Amazon and eBay.
APPLY FOR A TRADEMARK
Here's What We Do...
- Trademark Counseling
- Trademark Searching
- Intent to Use Trademark Applications
- Use-Based Trademark Applications
- International Trademark Registrations
- Responding to Office Actions
- Statement of Use
- Trademark Oppositions
- Trademark Cancellations
- Amazon Takedowns
- Trademark Appeals
- Trademark Clearance
- Due Diligence
- Trademark Renewals
- Trademark Monitoring
- Labeling Guidance
How to Trademark Your Brand...
In our initial meeting we will discuss what the trademark is, how it is currently being used, and any plans for the future. From here, we will generate a document summarizing the legal rights to be asserted. It includes:
- Description of the Mark
- Classification of the goods and services associated with the mark according to the International Classification System
*Up to 3 Classes of Goods/Services
Our Trademark search will form the basis of our opinion as to the likelihood of obtaining a federal trademark registration and whether someone else already has rights to the mark. The Trademark Search includes:
- Analysis of the Distinctiveness of the Trademark
- Trademark Search of US Federal Trademark Registrations and Applications
- Trademark Search of Common Law Trademarks
US TRADEMARK APPLICATION
Our flat rate trademark application service includes:
- Classification of Goods & Services
- Attorney fees for filing in up to two classes of goods and services.
- Reporting of all Communications
- Monitoring the Progress of the Trademark Application
- Mailing the Registration Certificate (US addresses only)
*Plus Gov’t Fees – $ 350 per class
Does not include responding to refusals or Statement of Use for ITU Application