Why Apply For a Trademark?
Proper use of a trademark can help prevent others riding off your good name. But why register a trademark?
- Your registered trademark allows you to use "®" to notify others that you are asserting trademark rights.
- Your registered trademark can be used as proof to show that you own the trademark.
- A registered trademark can be used to demonstrate to others that your trademark has been examined and meets all requirements.
- Later filed trademark applications that are confusingly similar to yours should be rejected during the examination process.
- Trademark registrations can be used in takedown procedures at various online stores such as Amazon and eBay.
APPLY FOR A TRADEMARK
Here's What We Do...
- Trademark Counseling
- Trademark Searching
- Intent to Use Trademark Applications
- Use-Based Trademark Applications
- International Trademark Registrations
- Responding to Office Actions
- Statement of Use
- Trademark Infringement Analysis
- Cease and Desist Letters
- Amazon Takedowns
- Trademark Litigation
- Trademark Litigation Support
- Trademark Opposition Proceedings
- Trademark Cancellation Proceedings
- Trademark Appeals
- Trademark Clearance
- Due Diligence
- Trademark Renewals
- Trademark Monitoring
- Labeling Guidance
In our initial meeting we will discuss what the trademark is, how it is currently being used, and any plans for the future. From here, we will generate a document summarizing the legal rights to be asserted. It includes:
- Description of the Mark
- Classification of the goods and services associated with the mark according to the International Classification System
*Up to 3 Classes of Goods/Services
Our Trademark search will form the basis of our opinion as to the likelihood of obtaining a federal trademark registration and whether someone else already has rights to the mark. The Trademark Search includes:
- Analysis of the Distinctiveness of the Trademark
- Trademark Search of US Federal Trademark Registrations and Applications
- Trademark Search of Common Law Trademarks
US TRADEMARK APPLICATION
Our flat rate trademark application service includes:
- Classification of Goods & Services
- Attorney fees for filing in up to two classes of goods and services.
- Reporting of all Communications
- Monitoring the Progress of the Trademark Application
- Mailing the Registration Certificate (US addresses only)
*Plus Gov’t Fees – $ 350 per class
Does not include responding to refusals or Statement of Use for ITU Application