Director, Strategic Development
As the Director of Strategic Development, “Andy,” works closely with the Wagenknecht IP team to coordinate messaging, marketing and branding strategies, and speaking and seminar opportunities to showcase the capabilities of the Firm. Using her background in public and community relations, media relations, recruitment, marketing, and business development, she expands the outreach of Wagenknecht IP Law Group throughout the community.
Prior to joining Wagenknecht, she was recruited by two San Diego law firms (2012-2015) to provide marketing and business development advice, successfully raised their profiles, brought clients into the firms, and provided sound marketing strategies that fit the needs of each unique practice.
Kotner served as Vice President of Business Development with the WORLD TRADE CENTER San Diego (WTCSD) increasing memberships by 25%-35% each year. Prior to joining WTCSD, Kotner served for nine years as the President of San Diego County Citizens Against Lawsuit Abuse (CALA) handling all aspects of running the 501(c)6 non-profit, legal reform, advocacy organization, including being the media spokesperson, a community and legislative educator/persuader, legal reform activist, fundraiser, she planned numerous community-wide events, and hosted a weekly cable television program – “Gavel of Justice.”
- Fontbonne University – Speech, Drama and English Literature
- Antony School of Real Estate – Board Certified Realtor (not active)
- King School of Aviation – FAA Certified Private Pilot
- Guest Lecturer – “The Importance of Networking in Business Development” Pt. Loma Nazarene University – Fermanian School of Business (Principles of Marketing Class)
- Finalist – Women Who Mean Business Award – S.D. Business Journal (2008)
- Finalist – Women Who Mean Business Award – S.D. Business Journal (2006)
- California State Senate – Woman of the Year
- Legal Watchdog Award – American Tort Reform Association, Washington, D.C.
- Prop. 64 – Outstanding Civil Justice Reform Activities – CJAC – Sacramento, CA
- Grassroots Activist of the Year – U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Washington, D.C.