Raymond is a patent attorney with strong ties to San Diego’s research and development community and has nearly 15 years of experience protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights. Raymond’s practice includes comprehensive patent and trademark representation, including patent and trademark prosecution, due diligence, freedom to operate (FTO) analysis, and trademark opposition proceedings.
Prior to becoming a patent attorney, Raymond was actively involved in immunology research within the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD). Afterwards, he joined one of San Diego’s early Hybritech spin-off companies to help develop a proprietary 2D gel electrophoresis method of analyzing serum proteins. Raymond’s scientific career is peer reviewed by co-authorship on a number of scientific papers in the area of immunology and drug discovery.
- University of San Diego, School of Law Juris Doctorate (J.D.), 2002
- Vice President, Science and Technology Law Society
- University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology, 1995
- State of California
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (Washington, DC)
- 2016 IP Practitioner of the Year – USA – Acquisition International
- 2013 Who’s Who in Tech & Biotech – San Diego Daily Transcript
- Obtained well over 100 US Patents
- A B Cell Superantigen-induced Persistent ‘Hole’ in the B-1 Repertoire J. Silverman, S. Cary, D. Dwyer, L. Luo, R. Wagenknechtand V.E. Curtiss. J. Exp. Med., 2000 Jul 3;192(1):87-98.
- Characterization of Superantigen-Induced Clonal Deletion with a Novel Clan III-Restricted Avian Monoclonal Antibody: Exploiting Evolutionary Distance to Create Antibodies Specific for a Conserved VH Region Surface Cary SP, Lee J, Wagenknecht R, Silverman GJ Immunol., 2000 May 1;164(9):4730-41
- A B-Cell Superantigen That Targets B-1 Lymphocytes” Silverman GJ, Cary S, Graille M, Curtiss VE, Wagenknecht R, Luo L, Dwyer D, Goodyear C, Corper AL, Stura EA, Charbonnier JB Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2000; 252:251-63
- Improved two-dimensional gel electrophoresis representation of serum proteins using ProtoClearTM Lollo BA, Harvey S, Liao J, Stevens AC, Wagenknecht R, Sayen R, Whaley J, Sajjadi FG. Electrophoresis, 1999 Apr-May;20:854-9
- In Vivo Consequences of a B-Cell Superantigen Immunization” Gregg J. Silverman, Jayakar Nayak, Raymond Wagenknecht, Klaus Warnatz. N.Y. Acad. Sci., 1997 Apr 5;815:105-110
- Corporate Directors Forum
- DeviceAlliance, Orange County
- San Diego Venture Group
- San Diego Entrepreneurs Exchange
- She Founder's - University of San Diego's SBDC Sponsor