As tradition goes . . . each year Wagenknecht IP Law Group has a Team Building Day with none other.
Enforcing and Challenging Trademarks
February 6 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$10.00
A trademark is generally a word, phrase, symbol, or design, or a combination thereof, that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others. For example, we immediately recognize BIG MAC as being a McDonald’s hamburger, THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE as referring to BMW automobiles, and the SHELL design as referring to gasoline. Trademarks help consumers decide which products or services to purchase and which to avoid.
Since buyers frequently pay a premium for branded products and services, trademark owners are constantly at risk of counterfeiting, which diverts sales and tarnishes the goodwill of the owner.
What You Will Learn:
- When to use TM and when to use ® — and the differences between them in litigation
- Elements that strengthen a trademark and those that weaken the mark
- Resources available for policing your trademark
- How to determine if your trademark is being infringed
- What to do if someone registers your trademark before you
- How to invalidate trademarks without going to court
Location: Gravity Heights: 9920 Pacific Heights Boulevard, San Diego 92121 (Sorrento Valley Area)
$10.00/per person: Includes great food, free soft drinks, and a drink ticket for beer/wine. Additional drink tickets may be purchased at the event.
Please Note: Due to the high cost of food and beverage at Gravity Heights, no refunds will be given, after tickets are purchased.
** We ask our attorney friends to refrain from attending – no continuing legal education credit will be offered at this event